How to Create an EIN and Bank Account

You have to contact the IRS and get an Employee's Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Tax Identification Number (TIN), for your organization. You'll find all that information on their website


Then you you will need to contact Beth Holcomb in the McCaskey Center (828) 262-6252, or PSU 244, and schedule a 15-minute meeting with her. She will give you a piece of paper saying that you are an officially recognized club on campus.


Then you can go to the bank of your choice with those two items and two co-signers and they will allow you to open one. Some banks charge for business account maintenance so do some research to find a bank that would best suit your organization.

Contact Us

Rm. 219, Plemmons Student Union
P.O. Box 3220
263 Locust Street
Boone, NC 28608

Get synced